We are growing, fancy joining our team?
Hartley Farm is a family owned farm shop and kitchen with a mission to produce and serve the very best food and drink. We are passionate about the provenance of our ingredients – what we can’t grow, rear or make ourselves is sourced from as close to home as possible.
Wanting to share the love of great food in another community further afield than our farm in Winsley, we opened Neston Farm Shop and Kitchen on the Neston Park Estate. Different location, same values.
We know that growing our business doesn’t mean changing our ethos and the people who work with us are a big part of that. We are looking for team members who share our values and want to help us grow our story and spread the word to our customers.
Employer of the Year 2017 – Runner-up at the Rural Business Awards
Training and Development
We want the best people to work for us and understand that to achieve a fabulous team we need to provide you with ongoing support and training. We believe that working in retail and hospitality is a great career choice and we can support your progression in these areas.
Induction and Training
To start off with we will go through an induction programme with you so that you know what we are all about, including a tour of the farm where it all started. Once you have got to grips with all the required information, such as health and safety, your manager or supervisor will get you going with our on-the-job training programme specifically for your role. Your progress will be tracked and we will keep talking to you and setting you new and exciting challenges.
We work with Babcock International to provide some of our employees with apprenticeships so you can earn whilst you are training. Once enrolled we will provide you with a mentor and your assessor from the college will visit and check your progress on a 6-8 weekly basis.
We can offer the following courses:
NVQ 2 Food and Beverage Service
NVQ 2 Food Production
NVQ 2 Professional Cookery
NVQ 2 Retail Skills
NVQ 3 Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
NVQ 3 Retail Management
Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate for Proficiency in Meat and Poultry Industry Skills and Functional Skills.
Opportunities to work with us
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Chef to join the team and develop in our kitchen just outside of Bath.
Hartley Farm Shop & Kitchen is part of a family run business located in beautiful rural surroundings. Our busy destinations are both just 15 minutes from Bath, in the villages of Winsley and Atworth. On our family farm at Hartley, we produce grass-fed beef, organically grown fruit, vegetables and salads which are used daily in the kitchens and farm shops. Our purpose is to produce and serve great food in an inspiring environment.
As an Apprentice Chef, you will play an important part in our kitchen team working under our Head Chef and Sous Chef. Shifts are usually 9 hours per day finishing at around 5:00 pm which provides a great work-life balance as a chef. You will only be required to work evenings for occasional events and private parties.
This is a perfect role for an ambitious and driven person who wants to get into the kitchen and learn from a team of great chefs with a real passion for working with the best local ingredients to create innovative, seasonal dishes. It is also an exciting opportunity to play your part in helping the business put its mark on the map as a top quality food destination in a rural setting.
- Share our love of creating great food from fresh ingredients with provenance
- Have a desire to learn and to work to high standards in a busy kitchen environment
- Be able to execute menu dishes to the highest standards of presentation and quality consistently
- Have excellent attention to detail when preparing and executing dishes.
- Work effectively under pressure and unsupervised in our busy kitchen
- Maintain the kitchen to a 5* food safety standard
- Be a team player and possess good communication skills
We can offer:
- Ongoing support through opportunities to complete your apprenticeship training under the guidance of our training provider and our Head Chef.
- Favourable hours (very few late finishes!)
- Discount across both our farm shop & kitchen sites.
- A progressive and friendly working environment
We are looking for an energetic person with good attention to detail to work within our kitchen team on a Saturday. As a Kitchen Porter you will be working to wash up during service and ensure the pot wash area is left clean and tidy at the end of the day. You may also be asked to complete any other cleaning or food prep tasks as directed by the Chef or Café Manager. Experience isn’t necessary and training will be given but a positive attitude and willingness to complete tasks quickly to a high standard is a must!
- Free meal when working
- Equal share of staff tips
- Staff discount
- No early starts or late finishes – daytime hours
- Training programs available for those wanting to further career in the kitchen
- Be part of a friendly, hardworking team who support each other