This delicious recipe is inspired by a classic Spanish brunch.
- A slice of sourdough bread
- A couple of ripe Isle of White tomatoes (delicious at this time of year)
- Sliced cooking chorizo
- 1 egg
- A few basil leaves
- a drizzle of rapeseed oil (for a British touch, or olive oil is just as good!)
- Slice your sourdough, nice and thick if your feeling hungry and get it in the toaster to you preferred level of toastiness.
- Smash up your ripe tomatoes in a bowl with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Slice your chorizo up and get it frying in a pan. As it starts to release its oil and crisp up take it off the heat, remove the chorizo and keep hold of the oil.
- Beat your egg in a bowl and put the pan with the chorizo oil back on the heat. Add your egg into the pan and fold over when the underside is done to make a little omelette
- Then assemble your brunch by spreading the smashed tomatoes over your hot sourdough toast, then add your omelette on top and then sprinkle over your fried chorizo and basil leaves. Drizzle with oil and tuck in!