‘Tis the Season
Christmas will be a little different this year but rest assured our intentions remain the same, to bring people together over the best local and seasonal food. We are so proud and grateful to work with so many wonderful local farmers and food producers that have been working so hard to keep the shelves full in the farm shop. Like ourselves at Hartley, we work with small-scale farmers and producers there is often some variation in weights but we will do everything we can to ensure you get as close to your requests as possible.
As well as our own grass-fed Hereford beef, we have delicious free-range bronze turkeys and geese from Somerset, homemade sausages (and pigs in blankets!), Wiltshire-cured gammons and bacon all from the butchers. Our chefs will also be baking homemade treats such as our famous mince pies and Christmas puddings all also available to order along with beautiful cheeses, local fruit and vegetables and everything you need to stock up your Christmas larder.
How to Order
Due to the success of our online store during the last lockdown period, this will now be the way to order your Christmas food! We have created a series of collection slots from Tuesday 22nd December to Thursday 24th December (as well as some before New Year also) for you to book either for click and collect from the farm shop or for local delivery. The click and collect slots are more plentiful and would be the best option to better guarantee a time to suit you. However, if you struggle to get to us to collect your order, we do have local delivery available also. If you do choose our click and collect service, at the checkout screen, you can select the day along with a 30-minute time slot to come and collect your order. Your order will be personally picked and packed for you and as you have already paid when placing the order, there will be no queues like normal, just pick up your order and you will be on your merry way! Our intention is to make it as safe and efficient as possible but will all the festive bells and whistles of a Christmas trip to Hartley.
Be sure to order in advance, the order deadline is 15th December.
Below is a step by step guide of placing your Christmas order for 2020
- If you haven’t already, we recommend setting up an account with us. This way you can keep track of the orders you have placed, update billing and delivery details and save your basket if you’re not ready to checkout. You can set up an account at the checkout page also.
- Head to our Christmas Store and browse through the different categories adding to your basket as you go. We have our entire online range to choose from, not just our Christmas products.
- Once you have finalised your order, head to the checkout page. You can select your shipping option as either click and collect or local delivery. Please note: local delivery will only be available if you have entered in your postcode and we deliver to your area. You can check if we cover your area for local delivery in our Online Shop FAQs under the ‘Do you deliver?’ question.
- Once you have selected your shipping option, you can choose a date and timeslot. If your date or time slot is not available, it is likely that date and time have sold out so please choose the next closest option.
- Once you have confirmed your shipping preference and paid for your order, you will receive a confirmation of the order by email with an order number. You will need your order number when you come to collect your order. You will also need to reference your order number should you wish to make any changes.
- If you do wish to change your order, contact the team via email or call 01225 864948 quoting your order number.
Please note we cannot make any changes to your order after the 15th December.
If you have any queries regarding ordering online, please drop us a line and we’ll do our best to help.